By Juergen H. Bludau M.D.
This much-needed publication offers sincere, transparent, and invaluable clinical info for older adults and their caregivers, written in an simply comprehensible language.
• Contributions from 20 unusual physicians from Harvard clinical institution and charges and different fabric from greater than a hundred unique papers to make sure clinical accuracy and up to date context
• Case examples that support clarify fabric and convey the recommendation to life
Read or Download Aging, But Never Old: The Realities, Myths, and Misrepresentations of the Anti-Aging Movement (Praeger Series on Contemporary Health & Living) PDF
Best aging parents books
Carolyn L. Rosenblatt, is a registered nurse, elder legislations legal professional with over forty years of mixed event in her professions. Ms. Rosenblatt is the founding father of AgingParents. com. She has compiled her 9 quantity sequence into this entire consultant. It touches on risky older drivers, picking out domestic care staff and nursing houses, realizing assisted residing, and understanding how a care supervisor might actually help.
Concerning the booklet: Carson and His Shaky Paws Grampa, the 1st ebook within the Shaky Paws Grampa sequence, is a narrative in regards to the dating and love among a grandfather who has Parkinson's sickness / crucial Tremor and his seven-year-old grandson. the tale is designed to assist mom and dad and grandparents with ease discuss the preliminary signs of Parkinson's and tackle universal questions and matters kids may well exhibit.
This delicate and compassionate ebook offers older those people who are nearing the top of lifestyles and their family, in addition to the pros who paintings with them, with a better intensity of knowing of religious concerns surrounding loss of life and loss of life. Illustrated with the stories of many older humans, it explores vital topics comparable to grief and loss; worry; soreness, misery and agony; attractiveness; transcendence; prayer; the therapeutic of relationships; and intimacy, and indicates that the ultimate trip in the direction of demise should be the most spiritually significant instances within the lifetime of an older individual - a time during which there's nonetheless wish, and within which the individual that is demise and their household can develop spiritually, reinforced by way of the tough occasions they face jointly.
To a backdrop of getting older societies, pension crises and labour marketplace reforms, this booklet investigates how the coverage shift from early retirement to lively getting old has affected person retirement behaviour. targeting 11 ecu nations, the U.S. and Japan, it brings jointly prime overseas specialists to research contemporary adjustments in pension platforms.
- Protein Degradation in Health and Disease (Progress in Molecular and Subcellular Biology)
- Advances in Geroscience
- Swallow Safely: How Swallowing Problems Threaten the Elderly and Others. A Caregiver's Guide to Recognition, Treatment, and Prevention
- The Golden Hour
- China’s Population Aging and the Risk of ‘Middle-income Trap’ (Research Series on the Chinese Dream and China’s Development Path)
- Who Will Care for You in Your Time of Need . . . Formulating a Smart Family Plan to Age-In-Place: The Reckoning
Extra info for Aging, But Never Old: The Realities, Myths, and Misrepresentations of the Anti-Aging Movement (Praeger Series on Contemporary Health & Living)
Aging, But Never Old: The Realities, Myths, and Misrepresentations of the Anti-Aging Movement (Praeger Series on Contemporary Health & Living) by Juergen H. Bludau M.D.