By Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman
Named a best 5 publication of 2011 via Physics Today, USA.
The BCS thought of superconductivity constructed in 1957 through Bardeen, Cooper and Schrieffer has been remarkably profitable in explaining the homes of superconductors. furthermore, innovations from BCS were integrated into assorted fields of physics, from nuclear physics and dense quark topic to the present commonplace version. sensible purposes comprise SQUIDs, magnetic resonance imaging, superconducting electronics and the transmission of electrical energy. This helpful e-book is a compilation of either a historic account and a dialogue of the present country of idea and experiment.
With contributions from many well known scientists, it goals to introduce scholars and researchers to the origins, the impression and the present kingdom of the BCS theory.
- Historical Perspectives:
- Remembrance of Superconductivity prior (L N Cooper)
- The street to BCS (J R Schrieffer)
- Development of techniques in Superconductivity (J Bardeen)
- Failed Theories of Superconductivity (J Schmalian)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and the BCS idea (C P Slichter)
- Superconductivity: From Electron interplay to Nuclear Supefluidity (D Pines)
- Developing BCS principles within the Former Soviet Union (L P Gor'kov)
- BCS: The medical “Love of My existence” (P W Anderson)
- Fluctuations, Tunneling and Disorder:
- SQUIDs: Then and Now (J Clarke)
- Resistance in Superconductors (B I Halperin et al.)
- Cooper Pair Breaking (P Fulde)
- Superconductor-Insulator Transitions (A M Goldman)
- Novel stages of Vortices in Superconductors (P Le Doussal)
- Breaking Translational Invariance by way of inhabitants Imbalance: The Fulde–Ferrell–Larkin–Ovchinnikov States (G Zwicknagl & J Wosnitza)
- New Superconductors:
- Predicting and Explaining Tc and different homes of BCS Superconductors (M L Cohen)
- The Evolution of HTS: Tc-Experiment views (C W Chu)
- The Evolution of High-Temperature Superconductivity: idea standpoint (E Abrahams)
- BCS past Superconductivity:
- The Superfluid stages of Liquid 3He: BCS thought (A J Leggett)
- Superfluidity in a fuel of Strongly Interacting Fermions (W Ketterle et al.)
- BCS from Nuclei and Neutron Stars to Quark subject and chilly Atoms (G Baym)
- Energy hole, Mass hole, and Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking (Y Nambu)
- BCS as beginning and proposal: The Transmutation of Symmetry (F Wilczek)
- From BCS to the LHC (S Weinberg)
Readership: scholars, researchers and teachers drawn to BCS concept and its origin.
Read Online or Download BCS: 50 Years PDF
Best science experiments & measurement books
The examine of plant mobilephone enlargement consists of many alternative disciplines and technical methods, and this ebook brings this range jointly to provide a multifaceted view of the main updated wisdom. assurance comprises facts starting from biophysical measurements and chemical research to molecular organic techniques and microscopy.
As a part of the trustworthy Lab recommendations sequence, suggestions in Confocal Microscopy brings jointly chapters from volumes 302, 307 and 356 of equipment in Enzymology. It records many varied makes use of for confocal microscopy in disciplines that commonly span biology. records many diversified makes use of for confocal microscopy in disciplines that widely span biology The tools awarded comprise shortcuts and conveniences no longer integrated within the preliminary publications Techniques are defined in a context that permits comparisons to different similar methodologiesMethodologies are specified by a fashion that stresses their normal applicability and experiences their power obstacles
In contrast to another reproductions of vintage texts (1) we've not used OCR(Optical personality Recognition), as this results in undesirable caliber books with brought typos. (2) In books the place there are pictures resembling pictures, maps, sketches and so on we've endeavoured to maintain the standard of those photographs, so that they symbolize appropriately the unique artefact.
Anne Allbright Smith’s skill to trace and computer screen over eighty jap field Turtles on her sixty five acres of woods and fields could were approximately most unlikely with no the noses of her Australian livestock canines, Anzac and Diggy. She explains with humor and in transparent layman’s language her decade lengthy trip of discovery and experience with those charismatic reptiles.
- Randomness and Hyper-randomness (Mathematical Engineering)
- Investigating Biology Lab Manual, Global Edition
- Diagnostic Electron Microscopy of Tumours
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Data Analysis and Fitting but Were Afraid to Ask (SpringerBriefs in Physics)
- The Evolution of the Microscope
Extra resources for BCS: 50 Years
BCS: 50 Years by Leon N Cooper,Dmitri Feldman